Best of 2018 | CSC Photography - Information | Southwest Virginia Photographer
Never in a million years would I have imagined a year quite like 2018.
- I had the opportunity to work with so many AMAZING clients... which I like to think of more as friends.
- I designed my own website... and then redesigned it... and redesigned it again.
- I had so many "firsts" with my sessions... my first headshot session... my first senior session... my first family session... etc.
- I actually started blogging... and KEPT blogging consistently... this is actually my 50th post!
- I started mentoring other photographers in my area, which has given all of us the chance to grow our businesses.
- Most importantly, I've gotten to better capture precious memories of my own family (especially my little sister), which is why I continued photography after that one journalism class I had in high school.
A successful business year is great, and I'm so thankful for everyone involved in the success of my photography business... BUT I was never in it for the money.
Personally, I am the happiest after a session when I get a message from my clients or models saying they just LOVED the pictures... or when someone says she never liked the way she looked in pictures until they had a session with me and now she has so much confidence in photo shoots and how she looks in general. This brings me so much more satisfaction than a paycheck, and that's how I prefer to measure the success of my business.
Now, I'm going to take a moment to recap some of my favorite moments from my 2018 sessions.
So thankful for all of my first clients and models that truly got my business off the ground.
Lauren is great to have around for sessions and location scouting!
I couldn't have asked for better couples for my first prom season!
Soccer season is always a favorite.
Remember that time I was the photographer at my home church's bible school... and got to take pictures in a bouncy house?!
This session with Lauren on Main St. in Abingdon produced some of my favorite images of the entire year!
I have all three of these framed in my room! Lauren calls it my shrine to her.
I just loved getting to work with Waiting to HEAR at their HEAR Me Roar event!
... and then got to work with them again at Camp HEAR, where I got to meet Rapunzel and a real life unicorn!
This headshot session was the perfect way to get back into the school year.
I loved having the opportunity to photograph Senate meetings at Emory & Henry College! I'll definitely miss this when I take over the Clerk position.
I'm glad I got to sneak back to Lebanon and photograph some of their homecoming festivities.
... and then I photographed at Emory's Homecoming the next weekend!
That time I made Lauren model my new clear umbrellas for me...