If you've been following me for a while, you know that I'm a planner.
I prefer to plan everything far in advance, months preferably. That's largely credited to my busy school/work/activity schedule though.
You definitely don't have to be as much of a planner as I am, but I have compiled a few tips to help you prepare the perfect outfit for your headshot session!
1. BE CONFIDENT - If you don't feel 100% confident in your outfit, chances are, you won't feel 100% confident during your session (which may come across in your pictures). Personally, I don't wear a lot of low-cut tops or dresses because they make me uncomfortable and self-conscious. If I do get clothes with a plunging V-neck, I'm always covering my chest with a clutch or pairing the article with a matching tank. I don't want you to be worried about whether or not you look good in an outfit. That sounds like the exact opposite of fun. So, if you don't feel confident in the outfit, don't wear it to your senior session.
2. BE COMFORTABLE - Whichever outfit(s) you pick for your session, make sure you can move in it. I may ask you sit on the ground, or we may have to walk a little to get to the perfect spot for your gorgeous images.
3. HAVE VARIETY IN YOUR OUTFITS - Your headshot session allows for up to two outfits. Of course, the more outfits you bring, the fewer shots you'll have in each outfit. However, I always suggest to have a variety of outfits that represent different parts of your personality. There's casual, dressy, preppy, and edge... just to name a few. Pick a couple of these categories and go from there.
4. NO STRIPES OR LOGOS - When you have headshots taken, the focus should be on you and your brand. Although I love other brands, I want to make sure logos and stripes aren't distracting from the brand you're trying to sell.
5. BE YOURSELF - No advice I give will be better than this! I want to help capture you and your unique personality!
And of course, I will be here every step of the way to help you plan your perfect headshot session! If you don't know if an outfit will photograph well, ask me! I love helping my clients pick out their outfits!
See you soon, Caitlin S. Cornett